Another strange, strange year has flown by, but I am feeling quite hopeful for 2022! I have got some really exciting plans for my future in the works at the moment and I just can’t wait to see what beautiful, wonderful things happen 😊
In no particular order, my Top Nine sewing makes for 2021 (based on Instagram likes) were…
- A Cashmerette Roseclair wrap dress in a witchy Lady McElroy viscose challis
- A Vogue 9075 culotte jumpsuit in the comfiest viscose twill
- A Simplicity 5846 shirt dress- my first vintage sewing pattern – in a joyful Lady McElroy cotton lawn
- A Tilly and the Buttons Bobbi pinafore in a festive Rifle Paper Co cotton canvas
- A Nina Lee Kew tea dress in a sumptuous deadstock silk
- A Deer and Doe Myosotis tiered smock dress in a gorgeous pink Lady McElroy cotton lawn
- A McCalls 7981 button-up skirt in my favourite Lady McElroy print in cotton lawn
- A hacked McCalls 7971 maxi dress in a bold botanical print cotton sateen
- A Deer and Doe Sirocco jumpsuit in my favourite Lady McElroy print in viscose crepe jersey
I was also so excited to be featured in Issue 97 of Love Sewing magazine, talking all about my Nina Lee Kew dress made in the dreamiest, floatiest silk! Definitely want to add a few more version of the Kew dress to my collection…
Make Nine 2022 Plans
Looking to 2022, my New Year ‘resewlutions’ are to firstly make some more challenging garments — I need to try and be brave and make a jacket/coat!
I have picked out the following garments for my Make Nine 2022:
- McCalls 8083 Dress
- Papercut Patterns Palisade Pants
- By Hand London Elisalex Dress
- Deer and Doe Melilot Shirt
- New Look 6696 Dress
- Emerald Erin Black Beauty Bra
- McCalls 7351
- Itch to Stitch Atenas Jacket
- By Hand London Flora Dress
Secondly, I want to spend more time on getting a perfect fit on my clothes. I recently took part in a Bodice Fitting Masterclass run by the exceptionally lovely and inimitable Elisalex from By Hand London; it has really helped me feel confident to take my fitting skills up a notch or two!
Lastly, my final ‘resewlution’ is to make even more dresses that make me feel as cheerful as my red lemon-print McCalls 7974 did when I visited Toronto with Simon in September, with my new favourite motto to approach 2022 (it is exceptionally on-brand for me to find my new favourite motto painted on the wall of a doughnut shop, but I digress).
Wishing you all a sparkling New Year!
Love, Rose x